Monday, July 11, 2005

Lafatastock

Lafatastock took place in Evart, Michigan this past weekend. "House Music" played some beautiful music on some beautiful land. I have written about the music end of the weekend as well as posted some pics of the band, instruments, ect. on my main website.

Joe Lafata's father owns 180 acres of heaven up in Evart. Joe and Tom Saari headed up last Tuesday. I drove up on Thursday afternoon and we had a great evening out by the fire. Joe showed me around the land. We had some classic music blasting out over the woods including House Music, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Sly and The Family Stone, The Band, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd, among others.

Joe took the time to show me some cool abandoned structures on and around the land. As most of you who read this know I am an abandoned structure freak so I dug the old shack tour. I got some pictures of some of these posted below.

Otto Taylor, Jeff Hargis, and Paul Gagnier all came up on Saturday afternoon. Paulie brought his dirtbike and telescope. I felt bad for him because he really didn't get to use them. I brought my shortwave radio up there as well but I didn't really use it that much either. Paul told me he just got a shortwave radio. He is also interested in the paranormal as am I. I turned him onto Art Bell and he has been digging Art's show. Paulie has taken some really good ghost pictures as well.

It was a great, relaxing time and I had a lot of fun. It is nice to be able to sit with friends who you have known for years that you communicate with not only through speech but through music as well. The only souvenir I got was the ten million mosquito bites I received over the weekend but it was worth it. The drive is only about 3 hours for me so it is a nice long country drive but just like when Jack and I go up to the Northern Estate it is really hard coming home and adjusting to day to day suburban life. After spending time up north like that it's hard to not come home and immediately start writing country songs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog Jeff Archer. I was searching for information on Leonardo da Vinci biography and came across your post Lafatastock - not quite what I was looking for related to Leonardo da Vinci biography but very interesting all the same!

Well we're already into 2006 and I wish you all the best. I'm doing a lot of original work on Leonardo, including looking in detail at the technical drawings of machines and human anatomy. We're also publishing a detailed analysis of the Last Supper and Annunciation, which should be quite interesting.

If you do have a moment, please take a look at our latest galery on: Leonardo da Vinci .

Wishing you well in the new year! Amon

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog Jeff Archer. I was searching for information on Leonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa and came across your post Lafatastock - not quite what I was looking for related to Leonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa but very interesting all the same!

Well we're already into 2006 and I wish you all the best. I'm doing a lot of original work on Leonardo, including looking in detail at the technical drawings of machines and human anatomy. We're also publishing a detailed analysis of the Last Supper and Annunciation, which should be quite interesting.

If you do have a moment, please take a look at our latest galery on: Leonardo da Vinci .

Wishing you well in the new year! Amon